Thursday, February 5, 2015

_selection_001

I have to say, the ease with which one can "cross platform" on social media has become incredibly easy! I spent a few hours today becoming acquainted with Tumblr, Instagram, and Twitter...after a long period of prohibiting myself from taking part in the fad that is social media.

And now to relate this to my profession: Apart from not only being able to market myself to professionals through the many cybernetic institutions that are out there, I can only hope that the architectural drafting software companies of the world might be able to learn something from "social media cross platforming" and be able to devise a uniform user interface system between all of the multitudes of programs out there!

Between Google SketchUp, Revit, AutoCAD, Rhino, Vectorworks, Microstation, 3DS Max, Inventor, ArchiCAD...(just to name a few) there are innumerable ways with which users can become confused and disorientated just because of the different styles of user interfaces! I know that I, and many of my colleagues here in architecture school, wholeheartedly believe that this is long overdue. Hopefully we will not have to wait that long before they decide to collaborate. After all that's what architects and engineers have to do with each other!

-JtGorski


No comments:

Post a Comment